Friday, November 21, 2008

Digital FIne Art paper sampler

I went to the Hahnemuehle website and contacted their rep for some paper samplers and they emailed me a response. Apparently, they are nice enough to send me a pack for free. It's an awesome opportunity to try their papers - if you guys remember my first project (the portraits of "painted" women), I used Hahnemuehle "Bamboo" paper. I have only good things to say about it and this is a good treat for digital printing.

http://www.hahnemuehle.com/site/us/810/digital-fineart.html

Enjoy ~

3 comments:

kris fulk said...

So I got the package in the mail, and I cannot believe it! Hahnemuehle sent 3 sample packs!!! Since each pack contains 2 of each type of paper (and they sent me a sample of their whole line), the package was heavy...I know one of them has 18 sheets of paper - I didn't check the others.

I've seen each pack retail for $35+ by the way, so I am extremely thankful to get all three for FREE ^_^

Ashleigh Dueker said...

SWEET! you dont think they do this for dark room photo enlarger paper, do you? Probably not.... it's a dying field :(

kris fulk said...

Sadly, I think Hahnemuehle is traditionally known for their Fine Art papers (for watercolors, pastels, sketching etc). I believe they simply branched out to Digital Fine Art papers (which, in my opinion, was mostly for reproductions of artworks - but they are so successful that they produced excellent digital photo paper of all types). So no, reading from their website, I don't think they ever had traditional photo papers.